Here is another building for our Star Wars legion setup. It is another 3D printed building available on Thingiverse.
And with miniatures for size comparison :
More to come
Above you see the river I build for my gaming table a wile ago. Now that there will be brown water navy boats available in the near future, at least after the Corona lockdown is lifted, I thought that I would need a wider river to accommodate 28mm boats. I have a modular gaming table layout with extruded polystyrene squares for variety. The approach to the new waterway is a different one. I have a gaming mat permanently beneath the styrene squares which is used for naval wargaming. I thought about just building “shore” tiles and use the gaming mat as the river surface. In that way i can have the river as big as I like or I could even build a shoreline for amphibious landing games. Here is the result:
The half wide “squares” are the new tiles I build.
What do you think?
I hope you are all safe and sound in this world wide pandemic! here in Germany the normal life doesn’t exist anymore and that is good to battle the virus. As we are more or less all at home and boredom will set in sooner or later , I will try to post something every other day to keep you a bit more occupied and to divert your thoughts away from Corona.
So for a start here is a rather big update. I finished my rice paddies for my Vietnam games.
I got the STL files from 3D Alienworlds.
Here are pictures of the printed paddies.
As you can see the paddy itself comes blank. So you can just paint it as an empty field or you can ad strips of rice plants to have a field with rice planted. The file is done to be able to ad artificial water effect to it.
As I didn’t want to use a water effect I changed the STL into this one:
So now it looks like the plants are partly submerged. I will use paint and gloss varnish to create a water effect like i did with all my water features for my gaming table.
So here are pictures of the finished rice paddies:
Some more pictures of my table layout with the rice paddies:
Next up lots of new NVA Soldiers!
We had a game on my Vietnam war table at the weekend. I haven’t managed to sort the pictures I took so instead here are a few pictures of additional terrain pieces for the table. pictures of the game will follow during the week.
I build some strips of elephant grass to add to the elefantgrass I already have. I made them in the same way as the rest.
And with miniatures ( Empress marines) for size comparison:
In situ on the table:
As I started on my Vietnam war project during the summer and have finished a few miniatures now I thought it is time to start on some terrain for my games. I got a 3D printer from my wonderful wife and so the terrain making starts. I got the Anicubic Photon 3d resin printer a wonderful machine indeed. You can get more information here.
Here is a picture of the machine:
I got an STL file of a carribian hut which fits in with the vietnamese rural landscape quite well:
You can get the file here.
I printed the file and build it using superglue which worked quite well. I painted it with my airbrush and a few washings based it and added a palm tree ( available on eBay) and here it is:
Here is a US marine figure next to it . I printed it in the size it came in. Of course you could resize it in any scale you would like. I am quite happy with it. It won’t be the last structure to print for my terrain needs.
If someone knows other STL files useful for my Vietnam war project please leave a comment , thanks.
I started by doing a dry brush on the privy after base coating it black. I used van Dyk brown, a very dark brown , and added more and more light brown to it in each layer. This is the result:
And here are the stages of the dry brushing:
Next will be a wash with a warmer brown tone like umber and the painting of the details.
I had some time to do more work on the barn and start the privy. I did the roof of the barn, only the teddy fur missing. The privy is only missing the door and the roof. When the missing parts are done I will start painting the buildings. More info on the building process , of the public house too, can be found here.
The privy :
More to come!
Here are some more pictures of the barn of the medieval public house. You can find pictures of the public house here and the first pictures of the barn here. I finished the walls and will do the roof at the weekend. Next will be the privy and then painting the buildings and doing the base.
More to come on Monday!