Progress on my Space Marine gunship

I did some more work on my Thunderhawk gunship over the last weeks .

I did some more work on the underside of the fuselage and the main wings and engines.

I added the attack wings  which are magnetized to make them movable. Here is a short video about the attack wings moving:

Here are a few pictures of the gunship. The weapons and landing gear are still missing.

Here is the Landinggear:

And here is what it looks like at the moment:

IMG_8905

The 4 twin heavy bolsters at the nose of the fuselage and under the main wings as well as the hell strike missiles are still missing. When these are added a first basecoat of a mixture of PVA and paint will be applied to harden the polystyrene. Then I will add rivets and screws and then painting will start. So a lot more work to do but I think most of the work has been done.

The pub gets color

Yesterday I started painting the pub. The wood is done like I did the privy. the rest is done in a light brown were I added white in a few steps until plain white was reached.

img_1216

This is of course only the start all the windows have to be done as well as the roof and the stonework on the chimney etc.

I started painting the privy

I started by doing a dry brush on the privy after base coating it black. I used van Dyk brown, a very dark brown , and added more and more light brown to it in each layer. This is the result:

fullsizerender-26

And here are the stages of the dry brushing:

Next will be a wash with a warmer brown tone like umber and the painting of the details.

The barn of the public house ( a start)

As you remember I started building a public house for my games . If you haven’t seen the pictures feel free to have a look here.

With the barn I try a different way of building the walls. I found this mold on Kellerkind Miniaturen a german shop for modelling supplies.

img_1077

With this mold you can do your own bricks from air drying clay like DAS.

I started build ing a “wooden frame” from extruded polystyrene . Next time I will try real wood I think.

And then I started filling in the gaps with my clay bricks:

This is how far I got last night. More to follow.