Here is the next , more feral , Grot :
Hope you like him. I think I have a better depth of field now.
I got myself a new camera, the Sony Alpha 7.
I know that you can get a newer model but this one was quite cheap for the value you get. I took the first pictures with it yesterday, using a spacer ring for macro pictures. Here are the pictures of “Squigloover” my gretchin herder:
The pictures were taken without a flash and only with the normal lighting of my hobby room no lightbox or additional lighting was necessary. The lens I used was a 50mm fixed focal lens by Sony and a macro spacer ring. I think the pictures are quite nice, at least much better the the ones taken with my iPhone ( all the other pictures on this blog). What do you think?
The build is finished and the basecoat is on:
As you can see, after base coating the contraption , you can’t tell that it is made from polystyrene. The only telltale is the wight when you lift it. So from now on no more pictures as long as I am not dropped out of the build something contest. I will take pictures of the painting process but will post them after the contest ended.
I finished building the stage yesterday. Here are pictures of the changes and additions I did:
I added a sign on top of the speakers. This will display the name of the band in ork glyphs then I added cabling for the speakers , the guitars and the microphone of the singer.
Here you see the cabling on the singer figure.
Then I added bolts, rivets and nuts to the stage:
And thats what the stage with band looks like at the moment:
I will post pictures of the base coated model in a few days. Then there will be a hiatus as we are not supposed to show pictures of the painted models before the contest is finished.
I finished the Leman Russ tank by detailing the tracks
and adding the last rivets and other detail to the sides
This finishes the build of the tank. Now i will start to build the stage for the band. I started with building the supporting iron beams:
These were build from 3mm thin polystyrene parts glued to form a I beam. I cut the strips with a special gadget for my polystyrenecutter :
this device helps in cutting ultra thin polystyrene boards . The thinnest I can manage is 1mm.
More to come. what I still have to do is the stage the sound system, the drum set and some ork decorations like a board displaying the name of the band.
I started to put rivets and other small detail onto the Leman Russ:
The rivets were made with a rivet mould from greenstuffworld .
Next will be more detailing of the tracks and the sides of the tank so many more rivets to add.