I thought that a small train station for my Hue project would be nice. There is a complete Hue train station in the WOW Vietnam kickstarter but for me it is just too big. So I started with some tracks and a Diesel engine from another WOW kickstarter.
I wanted to try out the salt and hairspray method of rusting up the engine therefore I base coated the complete model in Vallejo orange brown, my base color for rust and a heavy coat of varnish to protect the base coat.
Then I fixed the salt with water to the parts I wanted to be rusty later on
When this was dry I sprayed the model with hairspray and let it all set over night. Then I airbrushed the main color over the complete model.
Then I took a coarse brush and brushed of the salt. And with a little water added streaks of rust by rubbing of the color and the hairspray to let the orange brown shine through. After adding details like windows lights etc you get this effect:
Here you can see the Engine and track in front of the next project. My train station:
The train station is a WOW 3D stl file too.
5 thoughts on “A Diesel engine for my train layout”
Nice work on the rust effect and the windows. I’d say the attempt was a full success.
That salt weathering has come out really nicely.
[…] The post: A Diesel engine for my train layout Author Of this post: thomasriepe Appeared First On Go to Source of this post […]